Recently Mercedes Benz’s Future bus made 20 kilometre trip from Amsterdam’s Schiphol Airport to a small dutch town named Haarlem. It’s claimed to be the world’s first automated city bus tested in a real-life traffic situation.
Currently, The future bus is the most hi-tech bus in the market. The features of the future bus is being illustrated below
- Differential Global Positioning System (dGPS)
- Semi-Autonomous Driving
- Vehicle 2 Infrastructure Communication ( Range 200m)
- Lane Camera ( Range 80m)
- Stereo Camera for visual traffic light recognition up to 30m
- Stereo Camera for far range pedestrian recognition up t o60m
- Far range vehicle recognition radar ( Range 200m )
- Short Range radar for close-up pedestrian recognition ( Range 10m )
- Close-up Cameras ( Range up to 5m )
- Global Localisation Cameras ( range > 200m)
- Wireless Charging for Mobile
If you want to add your view to this article ? Share it in the comments.